Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'd rather have a root canal than deal with you kids!




Sarah Palin Quote of the week:
"You know the difference between a Hockey Mom and a Pit Bull? ......................................................................Lipstick!!"

So, yesterday I had to have a root canal. Ugh!! I stayed at work through 5th period, and left, but the students were driving me crazy!! Whiney, Whiney Wednesday!
One of my friends went down with me and sat for 2 hours while I was being tortured. As I sat in the chair, pretty much upside down, with the whirl of the drill and a STUPID rubber dam in my mouth, I got to thinking: I dont really even know what a root canal is. It sure feels like quite a process and what is the grinding? Ewww and that burning hair smell? Why does he push so hard like he's shoving something up into my jaw? How can I swallow all the spit that has accumulated in my throat? I feel like I'm drowning! Why didn't I look up root canals on the internet before I came? Maybe I don't want to know what he is really doing? Do they teach Dentists in Dental school to ask you so many questions while you have a rubber dam, drill, and 2 sets of hands in your mouth? , Do they really want to know the answers? Do they really think you can answer the questions? I wonder if he checks his nose before each appointment to make sure there are no "bats in the cave"?
They decided to let me watch a movie, maybe he could see the wheels turning? I picked The Bourne Identity, since it was the only movie on the list I haven't seen. They put these big glasses (kind of like the Blind guy on Star Trek, I forget his name) on me and start the movie, it's pretty good and does take my mind off of a little of what is going on in my mouth. I didn't get to see the last about 15 min of the movie, so I guess I will have to watch it to find out what happens.
Todays homework: Look up Root canals on the internet!

Tuesday night I made up a few batches of Elderberry cookies, and I think I've decided on the recipe I will use for the contest. I took pics of the Elderberries, but the cookies got eaten too fast for me to get my camera out, so when I make the batch for the contest I will take pictures and post them.

1 comments:

Tevita and Jodi said...

Rhonda,
This story made me laugh and hurt all at the same time! Don't you remember the stories from my root canals? I think they are of the Devil!:) Good luck getting recovered from it and good luck with the cookies!